About Me

My photo
Greetings. I am the Illusive One. For many years now I have been a huge video game player, movie viewer, and book reader. For almost as long, I have been a critic of these things and many people respect my opinions of these things and have often said I belong on G4 doing reviews on X-Play or a similar show. Sadly that is not likely to happen. So instead I shall do reviews for you, uninfluenced by other reviewers, of video games books, movies, and, occasionally, music and political actions. I hope you find this informative and helpful. Thank you for your time.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Final Thoughts on First Law

      Well, what else can I say about First Law and Best Served Cold that I already haven't?  First Law started off a bit slow but quickly picked up its pace, Best Served Cold was an all around masterpiece and his new book, The Heroes looks like it’s going to be a fast paced story will all of Abercrombie’s usual stuff.   The only warning I have about these books is that they are books written for adults.  They contain cursing, graphically described sexual parts, and the characters are disturbingly realistic and down to earth.  In these books, good and evil are points of view and there is no apparent line in between the two.  After reading these book, to me, everything else seemed clichéd, mediocre and tame in comparison and actually ruined a lot of other series for me because they couldn't measure up to these books.  So if you prefer fantasy like Shannara or Wheel of Time I would suggest staying away from this one.  But if you want something darker and more down to earth then check these out.  I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.  Until next time this is the Illusive One sighing off. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment